Hockey Alberta Officiating Clinics
To maintain one’s present level of certification, an individual must attend a full Hockey Canada officiating program clinic and write a national examination every year with appropriate passing mark.
- An individual must be at least 16 years of age to be certified at Level II or higher.
- An individual will not be eligible to advance more than one level of the Hockey Canada officiating program per season, except for Levels I and II.
- All officials looking to register for a clinic can do so by visiting http://ehockey.hockeycanada.ca where you can select a date that works best for you. If you are a first year official you will need to create an account before you can register for a clinic.
NEW OFFICIALS - REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 13 years old.
- Register for the "HU-Officiating 1/2" Clinic. You must complete the Hockey University Officiating online course prior to registering for an in-class clinic. The course takes approximately three hours to complete.
- Once you have completed the online course, register for an in-class clinic.
- In order to register for a clinic on line you must have an eHockey account, click the EHockey link on the left to be re-directed to the eHockey site and follow the steps to create your account or log in using your existing email and password. If you are registered with Hockey Canada as a player or a coach you will already have an account in HCR and you should be able to register for a clinic with out setting up any additional accounts. For a step by step tutorial on how to create a eHockey account, CLICK HERE.
- After creating your account CLICK HERE to go be re-directed to the Dates and Locations section of the website and follow the appropriate steps to register. Please do not just show up to a clinic and expect to be able to attend as we have limited spots available based on the number of instructors assigned to the clinic.
- All clinics consist of classroom sessions and on-ice sessions. Bring your skates, helmet (with visor) and a Whistle to your on-ice session.
- More details on these clinics are available by contacting Hockey Alberta.
Fox Creek's Clinic Registration
This clinic link is for all your new and returning level 1 officials, as well as any level 2 officials under the age of 19. (max 15)
This clinic link is for all your officials over the age of 19 (max 15)
Any questions can be directed to Megan Burnett-Wiltse, Referee in Chief.